M2 Landscape Architecture and Arboriculture is an active and outgoing multi-disciplinary firm in New Westminster, British Columbia. We are growing, and are currently looking for a full-time consulting arborist with at least 5 years of practical experience to work in house. We are a very busy office with lots of opportunities for advancement and education.
Individuals must be highly organized, self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team. The individual will be working in a landscape architecture office as a consulting arborist with primary duties being:
- Preparing tree inventories, arborist reports, memos and other written documentation as required for construction projects
- Corresponding with clients, municipalities, consultants and contractors.
- Project management and coordination, site monitoring during construction or demolition
- Tree risk assessments
- Providing recommendations for mitigation and best management practices for construction around retention of vegetation
- Providing information and coordination for risk management of vegetation on site
- Formal arboriculture or forestry training and must have valid ISA Certification
- ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) is encouraged.
- Strong tree ID skills, sustainable horticulture knowledge and certifications encouraged.
- Computer aptitude and software skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel) and AutoCAD are required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with municipal process, bylaws and guidelines is essential.
- Valid drivers licence.
- Equivalent experience and education will be considered.
- Ability to visit sites and access uneven terrain
Remuneration and benefits will reflect the skills and qualifications of the successful applicant. Wages are competitive and attractive benefit package with bonuses for successful applicant.
How to Apply
Please contact Stephanie Sirot, Email email@example.com, with attached resumes.