Southern Oregon Regional Tree Climbing Competition
The Pacific Northwest Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture is pleased to host the Southern Oregon Regional Tree Climbing Competition (TCC). This educational event and skills competition is an excellent way for climbers of all skill levels to learn the latest in safety and climbing techniques. Beginning and experienced climbers are encouraged to participate.
Climbers participate in five events: aerial rescue, belayed speed climb, ascent event/secured footlock, throw line, and work climb. The top four qualifiers are eligible to compete in the Chapter Tree Climbing Championship this fall in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Chapter TCC winners go on to represent PNW-ISA at the International Tree Climbing Championship.
This will be a fun filled day that the entire family will enjoy. Please come and watch true tree care professionals at their best!
Regional Tree Climbing Competitions are open to PNW Members and Non-Members alike. PNW-ISA membership is required to compete in the Chapter TCC.
All Climbers MUST:
- Pre-register by registering online. You can checkout with PayPal or a credit card. Register early for limited spots. No late or on-site registration is allowed.
- Sign and submit the attached Contestant Waiver Form. Employer signature is not mandatory. Form is mandatory with contestant signature. Failure to submit will result in disqualification from competition.
- Attend a mandatory pre-event/equipment check meeting. Meeting details will be sent to you 7-10 days before the event.
- Bring your own gear (rope, saddle, work boots, hard hats, etc).
- Read the rulebook before the competition and make sure you understand how the events are scored. The rules can be downloaded here:
- Gear Inspection Thursday April 30, 2020 or Friday May 1, 2020 between 3:00 – 6:30 PM
- Preliminary events Saturday, May 2, 2020 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
- Mandatory check-in meeting, Safety talk, and Competitor walk-through at 7:30 AM Saturday morning
- Competition is scheduled to start at the conclusion of the competitor walk-through.
- Masters Challenge on Saturday following preliminary events, May 2, 2020.
- If competitor cannot make it to the scheduled 2 gear inspections Thursday or Friday prior to the competition, an alternate check-in time must be arranged with event coordinator (contact information below). Due to time constraints we will not allow Saturday morning gear inspections without extenuating circumstances or prearranged well in advance. Please bring your ISA TCC Gear Check Form completely filled out with the Manufacturer, Product name/description, and configuration comments included. It is highly recommended that each competitor go through and inspect their own gear prior to bringing it to ISA TCC judges for inspection.
- Judges and competitors must read the rule book in advance.
- 3.0 ISA CEUs are for climbers and judges only.
- Ticket sales end April 11th, 2020 at 11:30PM so we can gain an accurate headcount
Oak Knoll Golf Course, 3070 Hwy. 66, Ashland, OR 97520
A limited number of discounted hotel rooms are available. Watch for more information here.
Mike Oxendine - Ashland Parks and Recreation Commission – Parks Superintendent
- Phone: 541-324-7876
- Email: email@example.com
PNW-ISA Chapter Office
Thanks and Good Luck!
Allied Professionals are members of allied organizations. See our list of qualifying organizations.