- This event has passed.
Seattle Regional Tree Climbing Competition
The Pacific Northwest Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture is pleased to work with the University of Washington Botanic Gardens to host the Seattle Regional Tree Climbing Championship (SRTCC) at the Washington Park Arboretum located 2300 Arboretum Drive E, Seattle WA 98112 this August 26 and 27, 2016.
This educational event and skills competition is an excellent way for climbers of all talents to learn the latest in safety and climbing techniques. Beginning and experienced climbers are encouraged to participate. This event will be great practice for the upcoming TCC in Boise in September. The winning climber from Boise will go on to Baltimore to compete at the Internationals.
SRTCC Climbers participate in five events: aerial rescue, belayed speed climb, secured footlock, throw line, and work climb. The best four from those events will go on to the Masters Challenge. Come watch true tree care professionals at their best! This will be a fun-filled day the entire family can enjoy at the beautiful Washington Park Arboretum.
All Climbers MUST:
- Pre-register by registering online. You can checkout with PayPal or a credit card or choose to receive an invoice to pay by check. Register early for limited spots. No late or on-site registration is allowed.
- Sign and submit the attached Contestant Waiver Form. Employer signature is not mandatory. Form is mandatory with contestant signature. Failure to submit will result in disqualification from competition.
- Attend a mandatory pre-event/equipment check meeting. Meeting details will be sent to you 7-10 days before the event.
- Bring your own gear (rope, saddle, work boots, hard hats, etc).
- Gear Inspection and Mandatory Check-In Meeting Friday August 26, 2016, 4:30 PM - 7:30 PM
- Competitor Check-In and Event Walkthrough Saturday August 27, 2016, 7:00 AM sharp
- Competition Saturday August 27, 2016, 8:00 AM sharp - 5:00 PM
- If competitor cannot make the mandatory check in meeting, an alternate check-in time must be arranged with the event coordinator (contact information below).
- Judges and competitors must read the rule book in advance.
- Parking is limited.
- Climbers may want to use a wagon to transport their gear.
- 3.0 ISA CEUs are approved for climbers and judges only.
- Ticket sales end August 19, 2016 at 11:55 PM so we can get an accurate headcount.
- All events will be accomplished in one day.
Dan and Justina Kraus
PNW-ISA Chapter Office
Thanks and Good Luck!
Allied Professionals are members of allied organizations. See our list of qualifying organizations.