- This event has passed.
Seattle Regional Tree Climbing Competition
The Pacific Northwest Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture is pleased to host the Seattle Regional Tree Climbing Competition at Volunteer Park (1247 15th Ave E, Seattle, WA 98112, near the playground). This educational event and competition is an excellent way for climbers of all skill levels to learn the latest in safety and climbing techniques. Beginning and experienced climbers are encouraged to participate. This will be a fun filled day showcasing tree climbing that the entire family can enjoy.
Climbers participate in five events: aerial rescue, belayed speed climb, ascent event, throw line, and work climb. This event is a Regional Competition for Prizes and Practice. This event does not qualify winners to represent the Chapter at the International Tree Climbing Championship in Albuquerque, New Mexico 2020. The PNW ISA Chapter Qualifying Tree Climbing Championships will be held in conjunction with the PNW ISA Annual Training Conference in Eugene, Oregon, early October 2019.
- Pre-register by registering online. You can check out with PayPal or a credit card or choose to receive an invoice to pay by check. Register early for limited spots. No late or on-site registration is allowed.
- Sign and submit the Contestant Waiver Form. Employer signature is not mandatory. Form is mandatory with contestant signature. Failure to submit will result in disqualification from competition. Form may also be turned in onsite.
- Read and understand the individual events, how they are scored and rules for disqualification for all the events. Find more information online at https://www.itcc-isa.com/rules
- Fill out a blank gear check form before arriving at the Mandatory Pre-Event Gear Check meeting. Forms are available for download from https://www.itcc-isa.com/Portals/0/Docs/2018-ITCC-Gear-Check-Form.pdf. Only Climbing and Safety Gear approved at Gear Check may be used during Competition.
- Check your email for event information updates. Questions will be shared with the greater group and all event detail-changes will be announced. For example, if ropes of 200-ft or more are going to be beneficial then advance notice will be given.
Friday, 23 August____________________________________________________
8:00 am to 12:30 pm - Volunteers -Final Event Set-Ups and Run-throughs
12:30 pm to 1:30 pm - Lunch for volunteers
1:30 pm to 6:00 pm - Competitors - Event Viewing and Gear Check (Mandatory!)
3:00pm to 5:00 pm - Preliminary Event Walk-Through
Bring Your Completed Gear Check Form and all your Gear for Inspection onsite 1:30 PM to 6:00 PM. This Gear Check is absolutely Mandatory. No Gear checks will be done the morning of the competition! (Except by extreme circumstances requiring special prior permission from Organizer.)
Saturday, 24 August__________________________________________________
7:00 am to 7:30 am - Volunteer and Competitor Check-in
7:30 am to 8:00 am - Judges Meetings within each event
7:30 am to 8:00 am - Competitors Final Questions (NO GEAR CHECKING)
8:00 am to 3:00 pm - Seattle Regional Preliminary Events
11:30 am - Lunch Becomes Available
3:00 pm to 3:30 pm - Announce Masters Competitors
4:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Masters Challenge
6:00 pm - Pizza and Salads Become Available
7:00 pm - Awards and Prizes for Preliminary and Masters
- Regional Tree Climbing Competitions are open to PNW Members and Non-Members alike. PNW-ISA membership is required to compete in the Qualifying Chapter TCC.
- If competitor cannot make it to the Friday Mandatory Gear Check, an alternate check-in time must be arranged more than 48-hrs prior with event coordinator (contact information below).
- Judges and competitors must read the rule book in advance.
- Parking is limited so try to carpool with someone.
- 3.0 ISA CEUs are for climbers and judges only.
- Ticket sales end August 11, 2019 at midnight so we can gain an accurate headcount
Volunteer Park (1247 15th Ave E, Seattle, WA 98112 – near the playground)
- Justina Kraus
- Office Phone: 425-353-5434
- Cell: 425-238-3946
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment Questions to the PNW-ISA Chapter Office
Thanks and Good Luck!
Allied Professionals are members of allied organizations. See our list of qualifying organizations.