- This event has passed.
Portland Regional Tree Climbing Competition
The Pacific Northwest Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture is pleased to host the Portland Regional Tree Climbing Competition. This educational event and skills competition is an excellent way for climbers of all skill levels to learn the latest in safety and climbing techniques. Beginning and experienced climbers are encouraged to participate.
Climbers participate in five ascent events: aerial rescue, belayed speed climb, ascent event/secured footlock, throw line, and work climb. The top four qualifiers are eligible to compete in the Chapter Tree Climbing Championship this fall in Eugene, OR. Chapter TCC winners go on to represent PNW-ISA at the International Tree Climbing Championship.
This will be a fun filled day that the entire family will enjoy. Please come and watch true tree care professionals at their best!
Regional Tree Climbing Competitions are open to PNW Members and Non-Members alike. PNW-ISA membership is required to compete in the Chapter TCC.
All Climbers MUST:
- Pre-register by registering online. You can checkout with PayPal or a credit card or choose to receive an invoice to pay by check. Register early for limited spots. No late or on-site registration is allowed.
- Sign and submit the attached Contestant Waiver Form. Employer signature is not mandatory. Form is mandatory with contestant signature. Failure to submit will result in disqualification from competition.
- Attend a mandatory pre-event/equipment check meeting. Meeting details will be sent to you 7-10 days before the event. All climbers must fill out gear check sheet prior to gear check.
- Bring your own gear (rope, saddle, work boots, hard hats, etc).
- Gear Inspection and Pre-Event Walk Through Mandatory pre-event gear check Friday June 14, 2019 between 5:30 - 8 PM
- Preliminary events Saturday, June 15, 2019 7:30 AM to 7 PM.
- Mandatory check-in meeting at 7:30 AM Saturday morning.
- Competition starts at 8:00 AM sharp.
- Masters Challenge on Saturday following preliminary events, June 15, 2019.
- Notes: In the event that the preliminary competition exceeds allotted time, the Masters' Challenge will be held on Sunday, June 16, 2019 at 9 AM.
- If competitor cannot make it to the mandatory check in meeting, an alternate check-in time must be arranged with event coordinator (contact information below).
- Judges and competitors must read the rule book in advance.
- Parking is limited.
- Climbers may want to use a wagon to transport their gear.
- 3.0 ISA CEUs are for climbers and judges only.
- Ticket sales end June 1, 2019 at midnight so we can gain an accurate headcount
Peninsula Park is located within the city on the corner of N Albina Ave and N Rosa Parks Way.
Check Lloyd Center area for hotels
PNW-ISA Chapter Office
Thanks and Good Luck!
Special thanks to SingleOps - a proud financial sponsor of the PNW-ISA Tree Climbing Competitions!
Allied Professionals are members of allied organizations. See our list of qualifying organizations.