- This event has passed.
TCIA’s Aerial Rescue Training Program (ARTP)
TCIA’s Aerial Rescue Training Program™ (ARTP) helps you protect your employees and meet the aerial rescue training requirements mandated by ANSI Z133.1 and OSHA. The most common reason for double fatalities in tree care is failed aerial rescue attempts. An emergency could develop any time one of your crews is aloft, and your employees must know how to react.
This certificate program is designed to be used in combination with on-the-job training and practice, so that crews have the knowledge and skills needed to evaluate an emergency situation and potentially rescue an injured tree worker.
Each enrollment includes a manual with five chapter tests, answer sheet, and Employee Competency Checklist; one test retake if needed, test correction and checklist review by TCIA. Completion of the program requires viewing of the Aerial Rescue DVD which will be documented and submitted to TCIA as part of this course.
Once a candidate has completed all training, TCIA will issue a certificate of completion, transcript storage in the TCIA database, helmet decal, and laminated wallet card.
Aerial Rescue Training is needed as one of the qualifications to taking the ISA Certified Tree Worker Climber Specialist test.
Major Topic Outline
- Aerial Rescue Concepts
- Emergency Preparedness
- Aerial Rescue Techniques
- Aerial Rescue Protocol
- Working with EMS Effectively
- Aerial Rescue Demonstration
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this workshop, students should be able to:
- Recognize Emergency Response Plan Protocol
- Understand Aerial Rescue Practices
- Meet Industry Safety Compliance Requirements
- ISA Certified Arborist
- ISA Certified Treeworker
- ISA Certified Aerial Lift Specialist
- Certified Treecare Safety Professional (CTSP)
- Certified EHAP Instructor
- Journey Level Lineworker
- Journey Level Line Clearance Tree Trimmer
- Class is located at the Clackamas Community College Campus – Clairmont Hall – Room #133.
- Class runs 8 am-3:30 pm. Check-in begins at 7:30 am.
- Must be in attendance to complete course and for CEU eligibility.
- A simple box lunch is included in registration fee; vending machines on site.
- Books and training materials included and will be supplied in class. ARTP materials may not be available for walk-ins or registrations made less than 7 days in advance. We can order materials to be mailed after the class; shipping fees apply.
- A portion of the class will be located outside. Bring helmet, safety glasses and appropriate clothing for the weather.
Organizer - CRUX Climbing, Rigging, and Training
- Cancellations at least 15 days prior to the event will be refunded at 100% minus processing fee
- Cancellations within 7-14 days of the event will be refunded at 75% minus processing fee
- Cancellations within 1-7 days of the event will be refunded at 50% minus processing fee
- Refunds will not be made available for no-shows!
Allied Professionals are members of allied organizations. See our list of qualifying organizations.