Remote Attendance: Electrical Hazard Awareness Training
This REMOTE WORKSHOP will be held ONLINE. Instructions to access the online meeting room will be sent via email 10-14 days prior to the workshop. We will use the email address you provide during registration. Gather a group at work and watch together. Every person taking the online workshop will need to register and watch for the duration of the event to receive CEUs.
An IN-PERSON WORKSHOP held in Seattle, Washington is also available. You can enroll via this page: https://pnwisa.org/event/electrical-hazard-awareness-training-6/.
The following topics are reviewed in this training:
- O.S.H.A. / A.N.S.I. Standards and Regulations
- First Aid and CPR (review)
- Electrical Theory
- Electrical Accidents
- Dielectric Tools and Equipment
- Voltage Identification
- Demonstration of safe work practices
A certificate of completion will be issued to those who attend the workshop and successfully complete the quiz at the end.
- 8:00am – 10:00am, OSHA and ANSI, electrical terminology and definitions
- 10:00am – 10:15am, Break
- 10:15am – 12:00pm, How electricity is generated and delivered, recognizing system hardware and voltage
- 12:00pm – 12:45pm, Lunch
- 12:45pm – 2:00pm, How electricity effects the body, contact, step potential
- 2:00pm – 2:15pm, Break
- 2:15pm – 3:30pm, Safe work practices and procedures, use of dielectric equipment
- 3:30pm – 3:45pm, Break
- 3:45pm – 4:30pm, Testing
Philip Kelley is a lead climber and instructor. He has 26 years in the industry and is a Past President of the Georgia Arborist Association and has been a Certified Arborist since 2000. He is a judge for the ISA North American Tree Climbing Championship and ISA Aerial Rescue International Tree Climbing Championship. He was an instructor with North American Training Solutions. He is a contract climber and owner of Samara Tree Preservation and Training since 2014.
Philip is an ISA Certified Arborist, Certified Instructor for Tree Worker/Climber specialist, Aerial Rescue Technician, Line clearance tree trimmer, Electrical Hazard Awareness, Aerial Lift Specialist, Hazard Tree Assessment, Tree Dynamics and Integrated Risk Assessor, Advanced Chainsaw Safety Cutting & Felling Techniques. He was a part of the NATS Instructor Intensive Training in 2009, 2015, Chainsaw Train the Trainer in 2014, and Vitality Summit in 2016.
- Cancellations made at least 10 days prior to the event will be refunded at 100%.
- Cancellations made within 5-9 days of the event will be refunded at 75%.
- Cancellations made within 1-4 days of the event will be refunded at 50%.
- Refunds will not be made available for no-shows.
- Participants are expected to enroll prior to the registration deadline.
- Late registration is possible on a space available basis. You can contact our office at (800) 335-4391.
Allied Professionals are members of allied organizations. See our list of qualifying organizations.