- This event has passed.
In-Person Attendance: Electrical Hazard Awareness Training
Registration for the IN-PERSON SECTION of this workshop is now closed.
Registration is still open for the REMOTE SECTION. It is a live broadcast from UW that allows online students the opportunity to participate and interact with the instructor during the webinar. Register here: https://pnwisa.org/event/electrical-hazard-awareness-training-7/
This IN-PERSON WORKSHOP will be held at UW Center for Urban Horticulture, 3501 NE 41st Street, Seattle, WA 98105
REMOTE ONLINE ATTENDANCE is also available by enrolling via this page: https://pnwisa.org/event/electrical-hazard-awareness-training-7/
The following topics are reviewed in this training:
- O.S.H.A. / A.N.S.I. Standards and Regulations
- First Aid and CPR (review)
- Electrical Theory
- Electrical Accidents
- Dielectric Tools and Equipment
- Voltage Identification
- Demonstration of safe work practices
A certificate of completion will be issued to those who attend the workshop and successfully complete the quiz at the end.
Location: UW Center for Urban Horticulture, 3501 NE 41st Street, Seattle, WA 98105
- 8:00am – 10:00am, OSHA and ANSI, electrical terminology and definitions
- 10:00am – 10:15am, Break
- 10:15am – 12:00pm, How electricity is generated and delivered, recognizing system hardware and voltage
- 12:00pm – 12:45pm, Lunch
- 12:45pm – 2:00pm, How electricity effects the body, contact, step potential
- 2:00pm – 2:15pm, Break
- 2:15pm – 3:30pm, Safe work practices and procedures, use of dielectric equipment
- 3:30pm – 3:45pm, Break
- 3:45pm – 4:30pm, Testing
- ISA: 6.25 ALMTU / 6.25 B-M
- ecoPRO: 6.0
- CPH: 6.0
- NALP/WALP: 6.0
- TCIA: 7.0
Philip Kelley is a lead climber and instructor. He has 26 years in the industry and is a Past President of the Georgia Arborist Association and has been a Certified Arborist since 2000. He is a judge for the ISA North American Tree Climbing Championship and ISA Aerial Rescue International Tree Climbing Championship. He was an instructor with North American Training Solutions. He is a contract climber and owner of Samara Tree Preservation and Training since 2014.
Philip is an ISA Certified Arborist, Certified Instructor for Tree Worker/Climber specialist, Aerial Rescue Technician, Line clearance tree trimmer, Electrical Hazard Awareness, Aerial Lift Specialist, Hazard Tree Assessment, Tree Dynamics and Integrated Risk Assessor, Advanced Chainsaw Safety Cutting & Felling Techniques. He was a part of the NATS Instructor Intensive Training in 2009, 2015, Chainsaw Train the Trainer in 2014, and Vitality Summit in 2016.
- Cancellations made at least 10 days prior to the event will be refunded at 100%.
- Cancellations made within 5-9 days of the event will be refunded at 75%.
- Cancellations made within 1-4 days of the event will be refunded at 50%.
- Refunds will not be made available for no-shows.
- Participants are expected to enroll prior to the registration deadline.
- Participants can register at the door of the event only if space is available. Individuals will need to pack their own lunch.
- Late registration is possible on a space available basis. You can contact our office at (800) 335-4391. There may, or may not be, room available for those who show up without registering ahead of time for the workshop. We encourage you to register for the workshop in advance.
Allied Professionals are members of allied organizations. See our list of qualifying organizations.