- This event has passed.
Chapter Tree Climbing Championship 2019
The Pacific Northwest Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture is pleased to host the Chapter Tree Climbing Championship (TCC) at Richardson Park in Junction City, Oregon this fall. This educational event and skills competition is an excellent way for climbers of all skill levels to learn the latest in safety and climbing techniques. Beginning and experienced climbers are encouraged to participate.
Climbers participate in five events: aerial rescue, belayed speed climb, ascent event, throw line, and work climb. The winners will go on to represent PNW-ISA at the International Tree Climbing Championship.
This will be a fun-filled day the entire family will enjoy. Come watch true tree care professionals at their best! No tickets required for spectators.
PNW-ISA membership is required to compete in the Chapter TCC. Climbers and judges will earn 3.0 ISA CEUs. Ticket sales end September 21 at 11:55 PM so we can gain an accurate headcount.
- Pre-register online below. You can checkout with PayPal or a credit card or choose to receive an invoice to pay by check. Register early for limited spots. No late or on-site registration is allowed.
- Sign and submit the Contestant Waiver Form. Contestant signature is mandatory; employer signature is not. Failure to submit will result in disqualification from competition.
- Read the rulebook before the competition and make sure you understand how the events are scored. The rules can be downloaded here:
- Before the event check meeting, fill out your gear inspection form.
- Attend the pre-event/equipment check meeting with your filled out gear inspection form and all of your gear. Meeting details will be sent to you 7-10 days before the event. Failure to attend will result in disqualification from competition.
- Bring your own gear (rope, saddle, work boots, hard hats, etc.) Bringing gear transport such as a wagon is recommended.
Thanks and Good Luck!
Friday, October 4, 2019
9 am - 7 pm Mandatory Gear Inspection and Pre-Event Walkthrough for Competitors
Saturday, October 5, 2019
7:30 am - Check in and Preliminary Events
8 am - Mandatory Pre-Event Walk through for Competitors
8:30 am - Competition begins
Sunday, October 6, 2019
8:30 – 9:30 am Mandatory Gear Check for Master's Competitors
9:30 am – 1:30 pm Master's Challenge
It may be possible that the Master's Challenge can be held Saturday afternoon if the preliminary events end early enough. If so, a second gear check will not be necessary.
Richardson Park, 25950 Richardson Park Rd, Junction City, OR 978448
Parking is limited.
Registration or Payment Questions
- Cancellations made at least 10 days prior to the event will be refunded at 100%.
- Cancellations made within 5-9 days of the event will be refunded at 75%.
- Cancellations made within 1-4 days of the event will be refunded at 50%.
- Refunds will not be made available for no-shows.
Allied Professionals are members of allied organizations. See our list of qualifying organizations.