- This event has passed.
Chapter Tree Climbing Championship 2017
The Pacific Northwest Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture is pleased to host the Chapter Tree Climbing Championship (TCC) in Woodland Park in Seattle, WA this fall. This educational event and skills competition is an excellent way for climbers of all skill levels to learn the latest in safety and climbing techniques. Beginning and experienced climbers are encouraged to participate.
Climbers participate in five events: aerial rescue, belayed speed climb, secured footlock, throw line, and work climb. The winners will go on to represent PNW-ISA at the International Tree Climbing Championship.
This will be a fun-filled day the entire family will enjoy. Come watch true tree care professionals at their best! No tickets required for spectators.
PNW-ISA membership is required to compete in the Chapter TCC. Climbers and judges will earn 3.0 ISA CEUs. Ticket sales end September 15 at 11:55 PM so we can gain an accurate headcount.
- Pre-register online below. You can checkout with PayPal or a credit card or choose to receive an invoice to pay by check. Register early for limited spots. No late or on-site registration is allowed.
- Sign and submit the Contestant Waiver Form. Contestant signature is mandatory; employer signature is not. Failure to submit will result in disqualification from competition.
- Read the rulebook before the competition and make sure you understand how the events are scored. The rulebook can be downloaded here: http://www.itcc-isa.com/Portals/0/docs/rules_ITCC_v2016.pdf
- Before the event check meeting, fill out your gear inspection form.
- Attend the pre-event/equipment check meeting with your filled out gear inspection form and all of your gear. Meeting details will be sent to you 7-10 days before the event. Failure to attend will result in disqualification from competition.
- If you cannot make it to the scheduled gear check, contact Justina Kraus to arrange an alternate time in advance. (Contact info is below.)
- Bring your own gear (rope, saddle, work boots, hard hats, etc.) Bringing gear transport such as a wagon is recommended.
Thanks and Good Luck!
Friday, September 22, 2017
3 – 7 pm Mandatory Gear Inspection and Pre-Event Walkthrough for Competitors
Saturday, September 23, 2017
8 – 9 am Mandatory Pre-Event Walkthrough for Competitors
9 am – 5 pm Preliminary Events
5 – 8 pm Awards and Networking Social
Sunday, September 24, 2017
8:30 – 9:30 am Mandatory Gear Check for Master's Competitors
9:30 am – 1:30 pm Master's Challenge
Awards will follow final climb.
Woodland Park Lawn Bowling Green
6018 Whitman Ave N, Seattle, WA 98107
Parking is limited.
Phone and Text: 425.353.5434
Registration or Payment Questions
Allied Professionals are members of allied organizations. See our list of qualifying organizations.