Hello fellow PNW-ISA members, colleagues and friends.
I would like to start by saying thank you to all of our members, staff and board leadership team for your vision, passion and dedication towards furthering the professional practice of arboriculture not only in our region, but throughout the world. Since joining the Chapter and subsequently serving on the Board of Directors, I am continually impressed by the high quality professionals who serve this Chapter directly and further our mission through your daily work in the industry.
To serve our visionary members, the Board of Directors and staff have focused intently over the last few years on creating a strategic vision for the organization and building an effective board and staff team. These organizational pieces not only build a strong foundation for today, but prepare us for future growth tomorrow.
The Board recently evaluated this past year through the lens of our Strategic Plan and Key Performance Indicators and have some great news to share on all fronts.
- Membership and revenues continue to grow at a sustainable pace. We are currently at over 2,000 active members.
- Our number of certification and qualification credential holders continues to increase.
- The Chapter attained a net profit to be invested in key organizational growth areas. In addition, we have improved our investment strategy to ensure chapter reserves capture sustainable and responsible market growth over time.
- Our Education Program continues to grow, showing an increase in number of workshops, registration, locations, and an improved diversity of offerings all while showing a net profit that supports continued program and organizational growth.
- The 2017 Annual Training Conference in Lynnwood met or exceeded our goals for attendance, sponsorship, profit, and attendee satisfaction.
In the theme of celebrating positive organizational performance and future growth, we are excited to see all of you at this year’s Annual Training Conference in partnership with the International Urban Forestry Congress in Vancouver, BC September 30 – October 3. This is an exciting opportunity for us to expand partnerships and broaden horizons both within and beyond our arboriculture industry. We hope to see you at various PNW-ISA events including Tree Academies, the Tree Climbing Championship, and the robust speaker slate during the conference. In addition, please join us at our Annual General Meeting on Wednesday morning to see our annual report, Chapter announcements, and participate in your board officer elections.
Again, thank you to all of our members, staff and board for your vision and leadership in this organization. I have been honored to serve as your President for the past two years and look forward to an exciting future ahead for PNW-ISA. Best wishes to you all and safe travels to Vancouver, BC.