American Forest Management, Inc. (AFM) seeks to hire a consulting arborist (Urban Forester I) to join our busy team in the Puget Sound Region of Western Washington. This position will be based out of our Kirkland, Washington office.
Applicants must be highly-organized, self-motivated and able to work well both individually and as part of a team. This is a full-time career with opportunities for advancement within our nationwide company. AFM provides a competitive benefits package with medical, 401(k), holidays, vacation, continuing education, and paid dues for industry associations. Salary dependent upon the skills and qualifications of the successful applicant.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Tree Risk Assessment and Reporting
- Preparation of Arborist Reports,Tree Protection Plan Reports for development sites
- Assist with larger projects; both Urban Forestry and Traditional Forestry Projects
- BS in forestry or closely related field or formal arboricultural or urban tree management training, traditional forestry experience a plus.
- ISA Certified Arborist Credential
- Ability to obtain ISA Tree Risk Assessment Qualification within six months of hire
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong listening capabilities with the ability to translate communications into the appropriate course of action
- Strong tree identification skills and tree diagnostic skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced work environment
- Proficiency in basic computer programs such as MS Word and Excel
How to Apply
Send Resume/Cover Letter to:
Bob Layton, District Manager
or mail to:
American Forest Management, Inc.
11415 NE 128th Street, Suite 110
Kirkland, WA 98034
Office 425-820-3420; Fax 425-820-3437