Are you looking for a company to really sink your roots into, the kind of company that will recognize the special skills and abilities you have to offer? We are unlike any other and our success and continued growth are a testimony to the elite kind of arboriculture company we are. Your potential to earn is based on your ability to grow, you decide. Isn't it time you work for the best?
Our new head office/yard is home of our LEED qualified building recently a winner of the Fraser Valley Commercial Building Award, uniquely bringing nature and conservation indoors.
We have several yards to work out of. Head Office/Yard: Surrey (Cloverdale), alternate: Coquitlam or Richmond - we also offer an employee company owned car-pooling program*.
- This position requires at least 4 years of experience climbing/aerial lift truck experience.
- Must have excellent skills in all aspects of arboriculture ie; pruning, removals, stump grinding, root pruning and root barrier installation, hedge shearing, plant health care diagnosis and treatment, planting and plant relocation, cable and bracing.
- This candidate must be capable of leading large sized crews efficiently, safely and to BCPHC’s high standards of quality while still providing the client’s arboricultural needs.
- This is a Production Arborist who is able to train other arborists and apprentices, supervise and instruct an entire production crew in all phases of professional tree care work.
- Leadership capabilties & lead by example.
- Ensures all work is performed to company and industry standards.
- Pesticide Applicators License is a plus.
- Driving vehicles is part of this position’s job tasks.
- Excellent public skills with a desire to pursue sales.
- Must be an ISA Certified Arborist, or equivalent post-secondary education in the arboriculture field will be considered. Must be willing to pursue ISA Tree Risk Assessor shortly after hire.
- Must have good English reading, writing and oral skills to perform written documentation for safety records, request forms, work orders and supervisor and peer communication.
- Must possess an up to date First Aid Course or able to obtain soon after hire.
- A valid Class 5 with airbrakes Drivers License is required or will pursue shortly after hire.
- This candidate must strive to continue his/her personal professional development skills through continued education studies.
- This candidate must also attend all district safety meetings, regularly present new tailgates to their peers and able to practice basic maintenance on all arborists tools and teach others to do so as well.
Wage: $24.00 to $31.00 per hour
Extras: BCPHC supplies all climbing gear and safety allowance for boots and chainsaw pants
- Medical & Dental
- Self Directed Benefit Package
- Safety Allowance
- Education/Professional Development Allowance
*Some restrictions apply.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume and state the position you are applying for in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all those who apply however only those requested for an interview will be contacted.