Portland Regional Tree Climbing Competition
The Pacific Northwest Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture is pleased to host the Portland Regional Tree Climbing Competition. This educational event and skills competition is an excellent way for climbers of all skill levels to learn the latest in safety and climbing techniques. Beginning and experienced climbers are encouraged to participate.
Climbers participate in five events: aerial rescue, belayed speed climb, secured footlock, throw line, and work climb. The top four qualifiers are eligible to compete in the Chapter TCC this fall in Boise, ID. Chapter TCC winners go on to represent PNW-ISA at the International TCC.
This will be a fun filled day that the entire family will enjoy. Please come and watch true tree care professionals at their best!
Regional Tree Climbing Competitions are open to PNW Members and Non-Members alike. PNW-ISA membership is required to compete in the Chapter TCC.
All Climbers MUST:
- Pre-register by registering online. You can checkout with PayPal or a credit card or choose to receive an invoice to pay by check. Register early for limited spots. No late or on-site registration is allowed.
- Sign and submit the attached Contestant Waiver Form. Employer signature is not mandatory. Form is mandatory with contestant signature. Failure to submit will result in disqualification from competition.
- Attend a mandatory pre-event/equipment check meeting. Meeting details will be sent to you 7-10 days before the event.
- Bring your own gear (rope, saddle, work boots, hard hats, etc).
- Gear Inspection and Pre-Event Walk Through Friday, June 16, 3 to 7 PM.
An additional gear check option is available at PCI Waste & Recycling Equipment with Joe McMains Wednesday – Friday, June 14-16 during regular business hours (9180 SE 74th Ave, Portland OR).
- Preliminary events Saturday, June 17, 7:00 AM to 4 PM.
- Mandatory check-in meeting at 7:00 AM Saturday morning.
- Competition starts at 8 AM sharp.
- Masters Challenge on Saturday following preliminary events, June 17, 2017
- If competitor cannot make it to the mandatory check in meeting, an alternate check-in time must be arranged with event coordinator (contact information below).
- Judges and competitors must read the rule book in advance.
- Parking is limited.
- Climbers may want to use a wagon to transport their gear.
- 3.0 ISA CEUs are for climbers and judges only.
- Ticket sales end June 8 at midnight so we can gain an accurate headcount.
PNW-ISA Chapter Office
Thanks and Good Luck!
Allied Professionals are members of allied organizations. See our list of qualifying organizations.