Chapter Tree Climbing Championship 2017
The Pacific Northwest Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture is pleased to host the Chapter Tree Climbing Championship (TCC) in Woodland Park 1000 N 50th Street, Seattle WA 98103 this fall. This educational event and skills competition is an excellent way for climbers of all skill levels to learn the latest in safety and climbing techniques. Beginning and experienced climbers are encouraged to participate.
Climbers participate in five events: aerial rescue, belayed speed climb, secured footlock, throw line, and work climb. The winners will go on to represent PNW-ISA at the International Tree Climbing Championship.
This will be a fun-filled day the entire family will enjoy. Come watch true tree care professionals at their best!
PNW-ISA membership is required to compete in the Chapter TCC.
All Climbers MUST:
- Pre-register by registering online. You can checkout with PayPal or a credit card or choose to receive an invoice to pay by check. Register early for limited spots. No late or on-site registration is allowed.
- Sign and submit the attached Contestant Waiver Form. Employer signature is not mandatory. Form is mandatory with contestant signature. Failure to submit will result in disqualification from competition.
- Attend a mandatory pre-event/equipment check meeting. Meeting details will be sent to you 7-10 days before the event.
- Bring your own gear (rope, saddle, work boots, hard hats, etc).
- Gear Inspection and Pre-Event Walk Through Friday, September 22, 2017 from 3:00 to 7:00 PM.
- Pre-Event Walk Through: Saturday September 23, 2017 at 8:00 to 9:00 AM.
- Preliminary events: Saturday, September 23, 2017 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Awards amd Networking Social following the Preliminaries: Saturday, September 3, 2017 from 5:00 to 8:00 PM.
- Mandatory Gear Check for Masters' Competitors: Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 8:30 AM
- Masters’ Challenge: Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM. Awards will follow final climb
- Judges and competitors must read the rule book in advance.
- Parking is limited.
- Climbers may want to use a wagon to transport their gear.
- *3.0 ISA CEUs are for climbers and judges only.
- Ticket sales end September 15 at 11:55 PM so we can gain an accurate headcount.
You will need to bring your gear inspection form ALREADY FILLED OUT, with your listed gear and attend the mandatory gear-check on Friday September 22, 2017. If a competitor cannot make it to the manditory gear-check, an alternate time can be arranged. But it must be done in advance with event coordinator Justina Kraus (information below).
Competitors must read the rule book and know how the events are scored in advance. Rules are available for download at http://www.itcc-isa.com/Portoals/0/docs/rulles_ITCC_v2016.pdf
3.0 ISA CEUs will be available for sign-up by all climbers and judges.
A map and additional directions with site details will be sent to you about 2 weeks before the event. Ticket sales will end September 8, 2017 at 11:55 PM
425-353-5434 (ok to text)
Registration or Payment Questions
PNW-ISA Chapter Office
Thanks and Good Luck!
Allied Professionals are members of allied organizations. See our list of qualifying organizations.