The Pacific Northwest Chapter of the International Society of Arboriculture is pleased to host the Portland Regional Tree Climbing Competitions. This educational event and skills competition is an excellent way for climbers of all skill levels to learn the latest in safety and climbing techniques. Beginning and experienced climbers are encouraged to participate.
Climbers participate in five events: aerial rescue, belayed speed climb, secured footlock, throw line, and work climb. The top four qualifiers are eligible to compete in the Chapter TCC. Chapter TCC winners go on to represent PNW-ISA at the International TCC.
This will be a fun filled day that the entire family will enjoy. Please come and watch true tree care professionals at their best!
All Climbers MUST:
- Pre-register by registering online. You can checkout with PayPal or a credit card or choose to receive an invoice to pay by check. Register early for limited spots. No late or on-site registration is allowed
- Sign and submit the Contestant Waiver Form. Employer signature is not mandatory. Form is mandatory with contestant signature. Failure to submit will result in disqualification from competition.
- Attend a mandatory pre-event/equipment check meeting. Meeting details will be sent to you 7-10 days before the event.
- Bring your own gear (rope, saddle, work boots, hard hats, etc).
- Mandatory climber meeting at 7:30 AM Saturday morning.
- Competition starts at 8:00 AM sharp.
- If competitor cannot make this check-in time, an alternate check-in time must be arranged with event coordinator (contact information below).
- Judges and competitors need to read the rule book in advance.
- Parking is limited.
- Climbers may want to use a wagon to transport their gear.
- 3.0 ISA CEUs for climbers and judges only.
Regional TCC Coordinators:
- BC Regional TCC: Ryan Senechal, 250/818-7139,¬†firstname.lastname@example.org
- Portland Regional TCC: Dave Gaugel, 503/656-2656 x 220,¬†¬†Phone (503)¬†656-2656 ext. 220 ¬† ¬†Email - email@example.com
- PNW-ISA Chapter Office: 503/874-8263, 800/335-4391, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.pnwisa.org